In November 2015 we were officially awarded a ‘Dementia Friendly GP Surgery’ status by the Wessex Academic Health Science Network.
We are a Member of the Dementia Action Alliance You can view our Dementia Action Plan online on the Dementia Action Alliance website.
Our practice has a very high proportion of people over the age of 75. Dementia has therefore been a focus of our clinical activity for many years. Our practice has the highest Dementia level in our area based on Government guidelines.
Our Dementia Friendly Work
We focused on:
- the early identification of dementia,
- identifying people living with dementia and their carers and offered them support and advice,
- developing care plans for patients with dementia,
- educating patients about dementia through dementia focused weeks and our ‘memory matters’ area in the waiting room,
- ‘Dementia Training’ for all our practice staff,
- Reviewing our patient areas with the aim of ensuring they are ‘dementia friendly’.
For more information about understand more about memory loss please read the information in the ‘Remember the person’ board in our waiting area.
If you have any concerns about your memory, or if you would like more help caring for someone with memory issues please talk to us, so you do not miss out on advice and support.
18 of our Practice staff are now ‘Dementia Friends’. A Dementia Friend learns a little bit more about what it's like to live with dementia and then turns that understanding into actions to help people living with it. To learn more about becoming a dementia friend visit Dementia Friends.
Local Dementia Action Groups
Find out whats going on locally by contacting local Dementia Action Groups:
New Milton Dementia action group
Lymington Dementia action group
Ringwood and Bransgore Dementia Action Group
Milford on Sea Dementia Action Group